Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Fun In The Sun"




It's so crazy how you can be down so low and then be up so high again. Things have been going so great with her I almost feel it isn't real. We have been approved for 2 hours a week of physical therapy and we also meet our new DSI person, who seems totally awesome and on top of things. We hope next week we will start with her. She said she works in all areas so I am very excited.


Then in physical therapy this week her therapist is very happy how well she is doing. He actually thinks her standing has really improved and she isnt bowing her legs as much as before, and is able to stand for longer periods of time. So we are working on her being more stable when standing, then we will be able to start working on weight transitioning so we can get to the ultimate goal! I'm so excited things are moving along, I want nothing more for her to be mobile in some way.

Her neurosurgeon called today to check in and see how Emma was doing. I let them know she has been doing great and I really thought that shunt adjustment had done the job. He said we will hold off on another MRI for 3 months check back in see how things are going unless problems occur again. So very good news all around and looks like we will be going on vacation this summer!

I think Nick had a wonderful Father's day, Saturday he finally took Payton to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and had a great time. Sunday we went out with Grandpa (my dad) and had a nice lunch with everyone. Things seem like it couldnt get any better : )

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing - love the pictures. I miss you all so very much!

    ReplyDelete